Books that take place in the world we know but altered by magic, myth, and fantasy creatures.
- The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
- Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
I altered the last three books on this post because eventually I plain to do a “Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Recommends” and the three that were on here fit that description better, personally. Although lots of categories bleed into one another.